Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom. ~Buddha
Meditation is the practice of knowing your true self, beyond the clutter of the mind deep within is your spirit or the invisible self as pure potentiality, potentiality to do or be anything you desire.
Meditation is the means to know this infinite potentiality that you are, as you meditate and clear the clutter of your mind; slowly you will start feeling and experiencing your true self.
As you experience the true self you will raise your vibration and expand your awareness. This will enable to accomplish far more than you usually do.
Meditation is a fabulous experience as you connect to and experience the deeper levels of your spiritual Consciousness.
Only by much searching and mining are gold and diamonds obtained, and man can find every truth connected with his being if he will dig deep into the mine of his soul. – James Allen
How to meditate?
Here’s a simple way to start meditation:
- Find a quiet place where you are not disturbed.
- Close your eyes and relax your mind and body.
- Let go of all the stress and all that you are holding in your mind for this moment.
- As you release all the stress in your mind, you will feel the body to be much relaxed.
- As you do this, initially, the thoughts will set in.
- Allow these thoughts, do not react to the thought, reacting to the thought creates a new thought and a new reason to react, then you react to this new thought and this again creates another thought, and so on and so forth, and you get caught in the thought spiral.
- These thoughts must slowly be replaced with silence.
- There is silence in the space between the thoughts.
- Slowly let the thoughts settle down and let the space between the thoughts grow.
- The skill you have to develop is to allow these thoughts to arise and instead of reacting to them be a silent witness to them.
- Do not worry that the thoughts arise; worrying about them gives strength to the thought and weakens you.
- Just allow the thought to arise and be a silent witness to it instead of reacting to it, as you completely allow the thought to arise in your mind without bothering about it, the thought will disappear.
- Place your attention or focus in the space between the thoughts or in the silence.
- Over time, you will reduce the number of thoughts and will increase the space between the thoughts.
- In this space between the thoughts you will find Peace, Inner Strength and astounding Will Power.
- As you continue this process you will gain Inner Strength and the Will to manage your mind.
- Over time you will completely empty your mind of all the unnecessary thoughts.
- Start by doing this for 5 minutes a day, then grow it to 10, 15, 20,…. minutes a day as per your comfort.
As you practice this, gradually your distracting thoughts will subside, you will realize that you are not your thoughts and you will experience a sense of inner peace, inner strength, joy and relaxation.
As you meditate and reduce the number of thoughts in your mind, your potency will increase manifold and you will be far more effective in everything you do.
It takes some time and regular practice to clear the mind and experience the inner self, but it is nothing comparable to what you get in return.
Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity. ~Swami Sivanada